Friday, December 7, 2007

Garage Sale

Ok, for many years, as long as I can remember, my family has had garage sales to "eleminate crap" from our lives and hopefully make a little cash for something. My mom and I atually went to London on the money we made once....for 8 days!

Well this week I have spent endless hours sorting, pricing and displaying my crap to let someone else come in, mess it up and bargin me down with their prices. You know it was a great first day of a two day sale.

Mostly because of Christmas. WE sold a BUNCH of pink plastic items for other folks to take home and make their children thrilled with Christmas. Giving. No I did not "give it away" totally, but one lady "barginned" a HUGE box of toys and clothes and she will take them to her family in Mexico. I felt great cutting my prices in thirds for her.

So, next time you have a bunch of junk to throw away. Stick a card table up in the yard and sell it a quarter at a time, or box it up and give it to your church or charity thrift store. Familys need our good gently used items for their families. It is Giving. And for me, it was receiving a little money, yes, but more it was making someones Christmas complete.

No comments: