Wednesday, December 5, 2007

READING IS FUN!


Last night I hosted my final book group gathering here in San Antonio. Our group has been together for about a year now and have read so many interesting books....Running W/Scissors, The Sea, The Female Brain, Devil in the White City, Wicked, Molokai, A Thousand Splendid Suns and others. Some good, some not so good. But more importantly to me, I have gotten to know some really interesting, talented, intelligent women, not to mention that they are fun, funny and great cooks! With my move I will miss this friendship so very much. I will miss our in depth discussions and our not so in depth ones also. I will miss the good food and wine. I hope to be informed of what they continue to read in case I do just fly in for a group meeting! I know, Express Jet is cheap!!! So ladies, a heart felt thanks for the memories and I will think of you often as my newest "White Elephant" book will sit on my coffee table. KEEP READING!

No comments: